View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013   #72
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kubiak is who he is

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
For me, it isn't an either/or argument. There are times that he should go turtle. There are times he should press the advantage. My complaint about Kubiak in this regard is that he's completely inflexible in this situation. When you're facing a team that can come back, you need to bury them. Other times, those teams' only chance to come back is a turnover, so you don't take any risk at all. Kubiak is just stuck on turtle no matter what. Sometimes it's right, sometimes not.
& I don't see that at all. We need to be able to run when everybody in the building knows we're going to run it. That's just good sound football.

If we can run the ball like we're supposed to, he'll hit them with the play action, or the bootleg & take a quick strike down field. That's the way he's always been.

This year, because of the new guys on the OL, we have not been able to run the ball in those situations. Kubiak (imo) being able to see more than two games down the schedule, understands how important it is that we are able to run it down their throats in that "protect the lead" situation.

If we get a lead on a team like the Bears, or the Patriots, or the Broncos, or the Bengals... who get turnovers in the passing game, we'll need to run it & have them sell out to stop it in order to win.

Running the ball will run out the clock. Them selling out to stop it is going to allow us to take those shots & score.... from anywhere on the field.