View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013   #245
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
boooooo.

Yea lets not compare matt schaub to great qbs. lets compare him to joe flacoo and tony romo.

smdh....

Houstonians need to get off this path to perpetual mediocrity.

Why can we expect schaub to be as great as the other qbs?

even more important,

Why cant we start planning to draft and look for the qb of the future while schaub plays out his contract?

Why would that be so bad?
We can't expect Schaub to be as great as other qbs because he doesn't have the tools to be great, plain & simple. He'll never be in the league of the Brady, Manning, Brees & Rodgers. It's like complaining that Antonio Smith isn't as good as Watt. Smith is a good player in his own right, but he just doesn't have the physical tools that Watt has and will never be as good as he is.

The question we need to ask ourselves is Schaub good enough to take us to a Super Bowl championship. I think he is, but of course, he needs help. He isn't a tier 1 guy that can carry his team on his back... he needs the defense to make stops, he'll need receivers to make plays, he'll need good protection from the OL.

I have no qualms with drafting a QB for the future. I don't think anyone in here would argue against that. But with where we're picking, the odds of finding a QB stud aren't in our favor.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote