View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013   #71
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 222419 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Kubiak is who he is

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
One of the things I've read on the boards over and over again is that fans would like to see us get up early on an opponent and then really step on their throats to finish the game. Go up by 20 by halftime? Make it 40 by the end.

While I would love to see that style from time to time as well, its important to remember that our head coach is Gary Kubiak. Thats not his style. He plays for a lead and then plays to protect that lead.

There are arguments to be made on both sides of this idea -- whether its better to keep your food on the gas pedal or better to eat the clock and "go turtle."
For me, it isn't an either/or argument. There are times that he should go turtle. There are times he should press the advantage. My complaint about Kubiak in this regard is that he's completely inflexible in this situation. When you're facing a team that can come back, you need to bury them. Other times, those teams' only chance to come back is a turnover, so you don't take any risk at all. Kubiak is just stuck on turtle no matter what. Sometimes it's right, sometimes not.