View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013   #22
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: More people noticing Kubiaks Conservative play calling...

And let's just add this. Being conservative is not a bad thing so why folks are defensive over it I have no clue. It's about choosing when to be conservative and when not to be that is the question for this offense.

Just like the other day I saw posts 'Folks want us to fling it around like the Saints!' No, many don't. What they want is for this team to know that there are times they need to be capable of executing something more than the 'conservative' play. The fact that many of us groan on a 3rd and 8+ speaks volumes about this. Why are we throwing so many passes short of the first down marker? It would be more understandable if we had more playmakers getting the ball for YAC but we don't have that. Or at least they aren't playing as much except for Dre and Foster.

Why are we almost constantly checking down in the redzone to settle for fieldgoals. Things of this nature. It's why I said in one post I would want the offense more flexible. Not about passing it 30-40 times a game. Just to where we have playmakers and can actual have a 3rd and 10 and say 'Okay, let's go get this damn thing. No problem.' By all means be conservative. Run it down the throats. Play ballhawking defense. But when it's time to pass, be capable of actually doing it for more than five yards.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote