View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013   #75
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Network will re-air week 14 Texans vs Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Tailgate, go back and look at the first two run plays when Foster gained 12 and 15 yards; their LBs crouched the line.

On the two plays that we gained only 2 yards each, their LBs didn't sell out to play the run.

On the play that we lost a yard, their LBs didn't sell out to play the run either.

We gained 5 on the other play.

We've only called 6 running plays up to that series (my mistake, I counted wrong when I said it was 7.)

35/6 = 5.83 ypc

What else do you want?
After that first 15 yard gain. The next Foster 8 runs went for 11 total yards.

On the first two runs you keep bringing up, they only had 1 LB at the second level for the most part. On the play I am referencing, they had 2 LBs loaded up on our left side, where we were handing off the ball, and they came up just before the snap to fill exaclty where we were running to. Basically what you guys are saying is that it is OK for the LB to be able to get into the backfield immediately and take out Casey right in front of the hand off? Thats the 1 on 1 battle situations we want to be in??

At the very minimum the play should have been redirected to the right.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote