View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013   #126
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Section: Gillette: 102, row 24 seat 5
Rep Power: 4107 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Boston columnist slams Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
The contingent among the national media is a Patriot win. ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Fox Sports, NBC Sports and CBS sports are all unanimous in thinking the Pats will take this one. The only thing they disagree on is the "margin of victory." If you're on that Texan Team you're thinking that you'll be playing against The Patriots, The Crowd at Foxborrough, The Refs AND the National Media. Sorry but if I had a bull on the side of my helmet I'd be making it my mission to prove ALL of the aforementioned wrong.
Doug Williams was a back up QB with the Redskins playing against John Elway and the heavily favored Broncos. The sports writers GAVE that game to the Broncos before a down was played. When Elway and the Broncos scored FIRST they merely thought they had confirmation. The rest of the game proved OTHERWISE.

If the Texans defense goes into this game remembering that Thomas Brady was not BORN IN A MANGER in Bethlehem, DIDN'T preach the sermon on the mount, perform the miracle of the loaves and fishes, WON'T be betrayed by one of his disciples and WON'T rise on the 3rd day after his crucifixion then they MIGHT just have a shot.
wait, so your saying you guys have to nail TB12 to a cross to win?

I know the underdogs can win. I was there in New Orleans when they won the first one, and the Rams fans were all politely arrogant. I am not saying you can't win. You can. But if you need the CHB to motivate your players, then that's a problem. They should *in best Ray Lewis voice* to a man, go to Foxboro and take what's theirs. I just don't think they will. I think Kubiak will play it safe and the Pats will do just enough to win.