View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013   #68
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Network will re-air week 14 Texans vs Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
My mistake, I thought you were saying that he checked to a run play because they were in cover 2. That's the only thing I had issue with. If we're checking to a run play because they are in cover 2, then that goes to the assumption that Schaub has serious confidence issues.

If you're saying tailgate was wrong, they were not sold out to stop the run, because they were in cover 2..... then I agree. (Not that I made that observation myself, I don't remember what they were playing at the moment).
The whole point was Schaub did not check to anything. It was a run the whole time, and it was clear to me pre snap the D was selling out on the run with their front 7... enough to stifle our run game with their talent, thus calling for a change of play by Schaub which never happened. The LBs stepped up pre snap, Schaub handed off, and wham a 3-4 yd loss. All I was making was an observation that Schaub needed to recognize the D as they did give away their tendencies from time to time and its something I felt we should have exploited in this situation, not put us in 2nd and 13 or whatever.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote