View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Shanahan: A coach who overrules the doctors should be fired

For RGIII, THEORETICALLY, if everything goes well and without complications, he could be back by 8 months (the beginning of the 2013 season) under perfectly optimal circumstances. But there are some potentially complicating factors. This is not his first ACL repair. It is his 3rd, and the 2nd on this knee. Besides that, his patella graft used for previous repair are not available and he will likely require a quadriceps or hamstring tendon graft ( structures of the knee). Then, another point. He played on a partially torn LCL for the past 3 games. When you do so, the knee is already "destabilized" to some extent, with a setup for further damage......including ACL tear. But with a previous right ACL repair (which he underwent in 2009), it was a perfect setup for a re-tear of that ACL. When you have a 2nd ACL repair, the reality rather the exception (please don't throw out isolated examples) is......that knee will never be the same, despite what some surgeons today may claim. RGIII can make it back for the 2013 season opener, but that early, we don't know what RGIII we will see. RGIII the effective runner by that time is not likely in my opinion......and if we do see him trying to continue his pre-injury style......expect him to become more familiar with the knife.

I, personally, am skeptical that he will be ready for the opener simply based on the fact that it is a secondary ACL repair..........and the way I saw the abnormal direction of bend and the extent that knee buckled, I suspect that not only was the ACL and LCL torn, but also the MCL.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote