View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: More people noticing Kubiaks Conservative play calling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Noticing is one thing. Hearing Kubiak admit to it is another. What he is saying with these play calls is that he doesn't trust Schaub to throw into tight coverage. That's okay against the Bengals. But Kubiak has to give Schaub a chance to succeed (or fail) against the Patriots. Playing not to lose won't work this Sunday.
I think what this says, is that there is a reason that fans are fans & newspaper writers are newspaper writers.

If he's saying that we are checking down, that tells you he didn't call a run play (which isn't a bad thing when you've got the best goal line back in the league on your team). He's saying, "I called a pass play to attack the end zone, but Matt was scared. I love my QB & I'm working on his confidence issues, so I'm going to fall on the sword & make it sound like I agreed with his decision to check out of the play I called, or to throw the ball to a guy that has no chance to get into the end zone (or in this case, Arian Foster who has had some success down there). I'm the same Mofo who ran the score up on people when I had Jake Plummer as my QB, people 3itched about it then but this is what it is in this league."