View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013   #244
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Pick-6:

Schaub was late as all hell with that throw. He probably thought "just get the first down, and keep the chains moving". He had Walter open on a Smash near the sideline. Not sure if he didn't trust his arm to get it there, or (and this is my opinion) he just didn't want to be a hero and get the - in his mind - the easy 1st down. Terrible, terrible decision.
After listening to the Matt Schaub show & watching it again, I think it's clear that he was concerned about their pass rush. It was their staple coming into the game. They were supposed to be badd-as5es, but our OL stepped up. Anyway, Matt didn't wait for his routes to develop (understandable, thinking about the pass rush) took his first/second read & delivered the ball.

That one was still late. Had the ball come out on time, Hall wouldn't have been able to react.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Near-TD, where Dre got his hands on the ball:

Andre Johnson, the baddest man alive...

Now, you COULD say Schaub made a bad throw. Your prerogative. To me, in no way is that on Schaub. I'm critical of Schaub when he needs to be criticized.
I agree. This game isn't played on paper, or internet message boards. There's another team out there trying to stop us from doing what we want to do. There was a DT flashing in front of Schaub, hands up. Schaub had to adjust that throw. Had he been more athletic he could have bought more time, & made a better throw, but as is he got the ball in a catchable location. All we can really ask for.

Andre, same thing. He's got that troll on his back & he has to adjust to the ball. He didn't, no big deal. Take the three.

The only problem in this game, is that we never had a better chance to score a TD (other than the TD we scored).