View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Feedback wanted:Texans trade 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Unless there is a player that falls that we just can't pass up I would prefer to just trade our first round pick for a first next year. This pick is basically a second rounder anyway. Next year we could use the 2 first to position ourselves to go get a difference maker.

I know people will hate this idea but think about it for a minute. With two first we would have the amo to go after a future QB if needed or a Eventual #1 WR to take Johnson's place. We could finally get that second weapon that so many want.

Remember we have 11 picks in this draft. Putting one late first away to boost our future ability to get a top player could be huge for us in the 2014 draft.
I agree on principle, but it doesn't have to be a first round pick that we stash for next season. I wouldn't mind turning a second into a 2014 1st, or parlay a couple of thirds into 2014 seconds.

Surely there's someone we could use at 32.