View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013   #97
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak
Default Re: Cowboys .. NT Manslaughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Well it's not easy to guess how many drinks he could have per his bac because the number of variables is far too great. That said most resources that I have seen would put a rate of 2-3 drinks an hour for 2 hours around .05 to .06 for someone 260ish and down play it all you want but saying most wouldn't show any signs of impairment is just plain silly. Further more 0.05 is not sober.
I got it from a police department BAC calculator which by the way included body weight. I am not playing down anything. I am contradicting your assertion which I find to be a ridiculous overstatement. To be clear, I am not saying someone at .05 has zero effects - sure propensity to laugh at or tell poor jokes, hug people maybe they shouldn't, evaluate their own looks too highly, etc. I am saying they will most often show no visible signs and have no physical impediment. In addition to the literature on it, it is common sense experience. Couples routinely go out to dinner, split a bottle of wine and maybe even have a drink before dinner or after and show absolutely no physical impediment and are easily in that BAC range. You seem to be acting like folks with a .05 are stumbling, mumbling drunks.