View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013   #112
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 811 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call me a conspiracist, but refs will NOT be in favor of us next week. NFL wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfanken View Post
Clearly you aren't aware that the tuck rule was put in place to take "judgement" away from the ref. After the 2001 season the league took a hard look at the tuck rule and chose to keep it as is, despite public sentiment to change it, or drop it entirely. The reason given was it was that they wanted to to keep what was an incompletion and what was a fumble less of a judgement call and the tuck rule made that possible.

Now over 11 years later they will look at it again over this off season. It will be interesting to see what they say.

BTW- what John Gruden or anyone else has to say about some call, is just their opinion. Often that opinion is just as valid as your's or mine. At the time I agreed with Gruden. I have since found out I was wrong.....and so was Gruden.
I would say his opinion is more valid than yours or mine. Thats like saying my opinion is as valid as a doctors when evaluating a disorder of some sort.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote