View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Shanahan: A coach who overrules the doctors should be fired

Here are the "supposed" details that have led to this "controversy." Leaves me with a double Hmmm.

Dr. Andrews backs Mike Shanahan, says coach didn't lie about RG3

Quote:
Hours before the Redskins faced the Seahawks in Sunday's wild-card matchup, USA Today quoted Washington team doctor James Andrews as saying that he never looked at quarterback Robert Griffin III when he briefly came to the sideline after initially spraining his right knee in the Week 14 game against the Ravens.

"[Griffin] didn't even let us look at him," Andrews told USA Today. "He came off the field, walked through the sidelines, circled back through the players and took off back to the field. It wasn't our opinion. We didn't even get to touch him or talk to him. Scared the hell out of me."

Griffin returned to the game for several plays before eventually giving way to backup Kirk Cousins.

Andrews' remarks contradicted what coach Mike Shanahan said after the Ravens game.

"We had Dr. Andrews on the sideline with us," the coach said at the time. "He's the one that gives me the information. It's way over my head. I'm just telling you what he said. We felt very good with the news."

Naturally, the discrepancy raised questions about whether Shanahan was being truthful, which was only exacerbated after RG3 again injured his right knee against the Seahawks.

In comments Monday to the Washington Post, Andrews says that "Coach Shanahan didn't lie about it, and I didn't lie about it."

So what happened in that Ravens game?

I didn't get to examine [Griffin's knee] because he came out for one play, didn't let us look at him and on the next play, he ran through all the players and back out onto the field," Andrews said. "Coach Shanahan looks at me like, Is he OK?' and I give him the Hi' sign as in, He's running around, so I guess he's OK.' But I didn't get to check him out until after the game.

"It was just a communication problem," Andrews continued. "Heat of battle. I didn't get to tell him I didn't get to examine the knee. Mike Shanahan would never have put him out there at risk just to win a game.
CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST OF THE STORY
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote