View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013   #110
Arky
Veteran

Rep Power: 2327 Arky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call me a conspiracist, but refs will NOT be in favor of us next week. NFL wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfanken View Post
WoW! That's all I can say after reading this thread. WOW! I thought people from Texas would be more knowledgeable about the game they are purported to love so much. There hasn't been a single referee that hasn't said that the call the ref made in the Oakland/Pats playoff game wasn't the correct one. Just because the announcers and most of the fans watching the game, didn't know this obscure rule, doesn't change that FACT.

Is not the tuck rule a judgement call? Many people after becoming aware of the rule still think it was a bad call.....

Texans fans are like any other fanbase. We've got many knowlegeable fans and many not-so-knowledgeable fans... I'm thinkin' if I went to Pats messageboard I wouldn't have to look far to find a few not-so-knowledgeable fans....

Re: the PI on Manning at 12:17 of the 2nd quarter of the Texans/Pats game perhaps you didn't hear Gruden's comments:

"I don't like that call at all. That ball was uncatchable". "I think that was a common sense no-call". (And then the camera shows Wade Phillips who almost never loses his cool going ballistic.) Gruden: "Yeah, I agree with him, I don't like that call one bit. 3rd down and 10 you throw the prayer up there into double coverage and you get the call".

Just a different perspective from what many consider a knowledgeable announcer....
Arky is offline   Reply With Quote