Thread: Bama vs. ND
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013   #45
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bama vs. ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
If he played in a different system. Lets go with West Vriginia's system, he would put up number's equal too or better than Geno Smith while winning more games. He is that good.

It doesn't seem so far fetched that maybe the kid grew up loving and respecting the Bama legacy. Now he is creating one of his own and he wants it to be the best. Legacy's are important to some people, Peyton, and Andrew Luck passed up being the number one pick to try and win NCAA championship's fairly recently.
I think he is helped more by playing behind a near perfect OL, with talented skill positions all over the place. If anything his flaws are hidden at alabama.

Saban is still well connected with the pros and my personal speculation is that Sabin knows the kid is not currently considered a 1st round lock and advised the family so. Not that these guys have all the answers, but i have not seen McCarren talked about being a high draft pick anywhere, but in this thread. Again, I happy to watch him next year and see if i am wrong.