View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Feedback wanted:Texans trade 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
The Browns don't even have a 2nd round pick, so I don't know why you bring them up. They spent it on the supplemental draft and only have 6 picks in the draft. They are more likely to be trading down from 6 to acquire more picks for the new regime.

If we are talking strictly trade ups for QBs, the prime candidate to me would be the Cardinals. They have the 7th overall pick, which they may not use on a QB due to lack of talent at the position. Suppose Barkley or Wilson are there at the end of 1st and they need a trade partner to jump ahead of the Jags, Chiefs or Raiders, they could be willing to pay a premium and give up the 38th and ~104th (early 4th) picks for him. A bad team trading/swapping a future 1st is very unlikely to me, unless it's a Robert Griffin type deal.

As for the Texans, they need high picks in this draft, and not the 11 they have coming to them. I'd rather see the Texans in the buyers market trading up from the later rounds with a team that's rebuilding. The Browns lack picks and need more to help the new regime, I'm sure they would jump at a late 3rd and 4th for their early 3rd. Those are the kinds of trades I'm expecting from the Texans this year, we don't exactly wheel and deal like the Patriots.
I corrected the OP about 2nd pick prob as you were typing. I really think Texans may trade out of first.