View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013   #34
Everlong
Rookie

Rep Power: 657 Everlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Patriots ready for the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post
2- we MUST run the ball and keep Brady off the field. Follow the 49ers gameplan, and we have to hit hard.
Pats fan here....

Actually that's exactly what SF didn't do. They didn't try to establish the run to set up the pass. They not only passed on early downs they went vertical often.

Before the first NE\HOU game I told everybody here that if Kubiak had the sack to go vertical on first down and mix up what the Pats were expecting they would win the game. If he did what he usually does they would lose and perhaps even big which happened, I never expected that big. If he follows the business as usual format barring your defense having a game for the ages and turning the Patriots over 3 or 4 times there's no chance Houston pulls the upset.

If he attempts what SF did they have a shot and a good one. Even if it doesn't work I'll give him credit for being creative and having the guts to do it. If he goes status quo you would have been better off losing to the Bengals and landing Reid. Maybe Chip Kelly can still be talked into the right NFL job and I'd consider Houston that job with all the other talent.
Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote