Thread: Coons mock 2.0
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013   #16
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90121 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Coons mock 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I made Kenny Vaccaro my first round pick for the Texans too in my last mock, so props for knowing the position & how it fits within framework of Phillips interchangeable safety framework. He is an upgrade over Quin & Manning plus can play both positions.

Kinda fell for Hunt in his bowl game myself. Would like more exposure to more tape & verify what I saw actually was @ the same level & if it was then I would have no problem taking him off the board.

I think Rodgers will be snapped up somewhere in the 2nd rd. Would be top WR if not for academics & off field issue.

Not a big fan of Brown but like position targeted. Think he is better suited in a 4-3 playing Will.

Wagner would be a steal in the 4th. I think his stock improved after Wisconsin bowl game.

Again remember Texans are selected end of every round so a 4th is like a 5th & a 5th is like a th. Slay here would be a tremendous value.

Florida State is littered with NFL talent on both lines & the secondary. I have to question their coaching & ability to play together as a team. With all the talent they don't take a back seat to any team, not even Alabama. That said with all that talent sometimes its hard to tell how well they stand out if not surrounded by such elite talent? That said I would probably push for his teammate Everett Dawkins, he's a little more polished & quicker with that high Seminole motor.

You could go Seminole again with Lonnie Pryor?

I was wondering when someone would mention Goodwin? Dudes got some wheels & we do need special teams help. I like him.
Speaking of FSU.....

Their RT Menelik Watson is going pro. He's a kid from England who has only played football for 2 years. This past year was his first as a starter (I think) and he played very well. FSU fans are distraught that he's leaving so I take it they think he's pretty good.

Haven't had a chance to look at him yet but just passing along an FYI since we need a RT. Might be someone you want to take a look at.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote