View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013   #117
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Saturday is a Referendum of Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak's Careers Here in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Do you think that Gary and Schaub can bring a Lombardi to Houston?

If the answer is no then it's time to move on.

I think prior to Schaubs lisfranc injury the answer was almost definately yes. Now post injury , Im not so sure and would have to lean twards a no.

But I dont think you can evaluate them as a pair - you can replace one or the other and if you recall McNair's statements of what team he would most like to emulate , that being the Steelers because of the stability of the franchise from the top down (They have had four coaches in my lifetime , three retired).

I think its highly likely that McNair would evalute the coach and QB seperately - especially when injury is part of the equasion.
Gary got the Texans a bargin deal on Schaub who has sense become a multi-pro bowl QB , passed for 4500 yards in back to back seasons and was on pace to do it a 3rd prior to injury and guided the team to back to back division championships.

Do you not think that Bob would give Gary the opportunity to duplicate that success in finding a replacement should Schaub falter ? I believe he most definately would.

Schaubs contract is also pretty damn team friendly , Smith did a real good job in that negotiation - They could actually cut him after any of the next three seasons and not significantly hurt their cap situation.

I dont think its plausible that Schaub is cut after this season (barring injury) but I could easily see him getting cut going forward should he not perform up to expectations.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote