View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013   #56
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133852 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Game Planning for the Patriots

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRONKED View Post
I say sling it.

Sf got it right. Come out aggressive, gamble a bit, go deep..challenge the secondary. Arian in space. Ive seen your Texans win some wild shootouts...go for it imo.

Remember, pats have momentum, are at home, healthier than theyve been, had an extra week to add new wrinkles (ie we started using Hernandez out of backfield after the bye last year). Conservative wont get it done . Try to strike early.

Can things snowball if you miss or get picked off early? Sure. But id rather play like nothin to lose than try to establish the run when that exact same plan failed last time and is very predictable. Youd really need to play the perfect game to win. One holding call or mistake early w that gameplan is a recipe for disaster. Dont wait tilk you have no choice but to sling it
Probably some of the better ways I've heard someone ascribe on how to attack and beat the Patriots from the Texans perspective. I don't see the Texans winning with their dominate with the run game plan myself. I think the Texans should open up early as well attacking the Patriots secondary. Pass to set up the run. That is somewhat how it felt against the Bengals in the 1st quarter and it seemed to work really well. I've seen Kubiak do that before, and it's worked nicely. Definitely would like to try and challenge the Patriots secondary right away and be consistent with it.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote