View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013   #229
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
This is completely fair.

Schaub didn't play lights out, I don't think anyone will claim that. Claiming the Texans won DESPITE Schaub because our run game was rolling and our defense was playing well is ludicrous; you're penalizing someone for something because other aspects made it unnecessary.

Facts:

Schaub will need to play better to beat the Patriots. We know he is CAPABLE of that play, but he needs to find that play again, because he has not shown it as of late.

The TEAM itself also needs to elevate its play. This cannot be a repeat of 21-0 after three possessions.

Tom Brady and the Patriots are monsters in the playoffs and the Texans are severe underdogs; we CAN win, likely WON'T win.
I don't think I'm unfairly penalizing Schaub. Something has happened with him since the two OT games we won mid-season. I don't know if it's the foot, his conditioning (due to being out of football this same period of time LAST season) or what. Something is "less" than it had been prior to the two OT games.

Come to think about it, it could be the lack of him being on the field last season. His absence last season coincides with his lackluster play during roughly the same stretch of time THIS season. Right? Last year he was completely immobilized and out of the game altogether. In the last four or five weeks of 2012, he was navigating through territory he hadn't been into since 2010.

His sharpness of mind and his physical conditioning was accustomed to a shortened season. ???