View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013   #52
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Game Planning for the Patriots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I hear you, but the Patriots are a different beast. As creative as Kubiak & Shanahan were with their formations, Bellichick & McDanieals takes it to another level. A lot of their offense is about moving Woodhead & Welker around making it difficult to find them. That's why those two always seem so wide open.

I thought one of the keys to the game was identifying them & knowing where they were. I think Wade made a big deal about it & that's where they were focusing their attention. You've got to find them first, then find everyone else.

I think that's how Hernandez got lost in the mix. If Gronk was playing, that wouldn't have happened, because he would have been another one of those guys they have to locate before snap.
Just rewatch the Pats' first TD to Hernandez.
The Texans can't even find Woodhead, and it wasn't even a no huddle or anything like that. (9:30 something in the first quarter).

I used to say I want to *****-slap Frank Bush; I wanted to do the same to Wade in this game.

And this was only one of many plays in which the Texans D were simply unorganized.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote