View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013   #49
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Maybe it really is extremely difficult to beat a team twice in one year,

GO TEXANS!!!
Link:
http://www.patspulpit.com/2013/1/6/3...ame-team-twice
Look at the Green Bay Packers and the Minnesota Vikings this year(backup QB). The two teams split their two regular season games and the Packers dominated with a 24-10 victory at Lambeau Field this past Saturday.

However, since the 2010 NFL season, teams that have played only twice—so that's disregarding divisional foes—have met a total of 16 times in the playoffs. The teams that won the first matchup have won seven times while the team that lost the first matchup ended up winning the playoff game nine times.

So for the teams that won the first matchup only posted a 7-9 record in the second game.

Granted, that gives the losing team the edge, but it's only a difference of two games.

Essentially, I'm not buying the whole idea "it's hard to beat the same team twice."

MEGA SWATT:
You know, this guy is so flawed in his thinking - He ignores the fact that the vikings had a backup QB and then denies the cold hard facts of 7-9, in which the losing teams (non-divisional) have the edge