View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013   #998
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans. 1/5. 3:30. **Official Wildcard GameDay Threa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
And you're letting one win alter the month-long perception this team has earned itself.
No. I'm letting two years of being a successful team lead me to the conclusion that we have a good chance to beat another team. That other team is better than we are at this point but the better team doesn't always win these things.

Quote:
I keep posing this question: We have to bring our A+ game (something I haven't seen since the Ravens game, btw) and we have to have the Patriots make timely mistakes that we also must capitalize on by scoring points off those errors.

One of those things is in our control, and I doubt we get it done. Gary and his players have been bringing a B- level of play. I would call the wildcard win a B+ effort.

The other thing (Pats' errors) is not in our control. There will be wide open receivers for Brady, will he miss them? Will they drop passes? Will they get careless with the ball? Will they be undisciplined and commit dumb penalties that kill their drives?

I'm tired of all the chest beating. Someone tell me how the Texans are going to pull this thing off in New England, please. Give me adequate reasons, and not just the token "Any given Sunday" cliche.
There are an infinite number of ways the Texans can beat the Patriots and there are an infinite number of ways the Patriots can beat the Texans.

If we can get Arian going. If we can get the short passing game going. If we can hit some long balls. If we change up our defense and throw something at Brady that makes him think long enough for our defense to get to him.

You act like the Patriots are infallible and you have for years but they aren't. They haven't won a Super Bowl in a long time regardless of their HOF Coach and QB. This Patriots team lost to the Seahawks, the Cardinals, the Ravens, and the Niners and let the Jets take them to overtime. They CAN be beaten.

What pisses me off is giving up and waving a white flag. "How on earth could we possibly beat the all-mighty Patriots!?" This is one of the reasons (along with moving) why I didn't come to this board over the past month. We go 12-4 and people are acting like we're the worst team in the freaking league, with the worst coach since Bill Peterson and the worst QB since Cody Carlson.

Screw the Patriots. Screw the Broncos.

We're the freaking Texans, we're a play-off team now, and we're in this fight whether you like it or not. If you can't enjoy having a winning team -- and being 12 and freaking 4 is being a winning team -- then go root for someone else. Hell, go be a Cowboy fan.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote