View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013   #38
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Report: Bears get permission to interview Texans' Dennison

Kubiak touts Dennison for head-coaching job
Posted by Mike Florio on January 7, 2013, 8:59 PM EST

Quote:
So far, Texans offensive coordinator Rick Dennison has landed on the interview list of only one NFL team the Bears. His current boss thinks the time has come for someone to give Dennison a chance to run a team of his own.

I think hes been ready for awhile, Kubiak told reporters on Monday. I think Rick is a very smart guy. Hes selective. Ive been called on him for about three years in a row now, but I think Rick knows what he wants to do with his life and if hes going to take an opportunity to be a head coach, hes going to be selective in what he does. Hes got a great background in the National Football League. Hes a 10-year defensive player in the National Football League. Hes been a special teams coach in the National Football League. Hes been an offensive line coach. Hes been an offensive coordinator. Theres nothing this guy hasnt done. He would do an excellent job if he gets the opportunity.

Its a selfless move by Kubiak, who would be losing a key member of his staff.

Hes my teacher, Kubiak said of Dennison. Hes a guy that comes down here every day and puts it together with the players, teaches the plan, teaches his scheme, teaches what we do and coordinates everything with the offensive coaches and how we go about our business getting ready to play every week and then right there with me on game day calling plays and helping me out. Hes the leader of what we do offensively.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote