View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013   #46
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Game Planning for the Patriots

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfanken View Post
If the Texans do that they will be playing to the Pats strength which is run defense (7th). I think Houston would be better off starting the game with a lot of play action passes and trying to get something deep going. The Pats have been a lot better lately, but for the season I think they have given up more 20+ yd pass plays than anyone else in the league.

To go into Gillette and hope to beat the Pats, Kubiak can't play not to lose. There are too many advantages that favor the Pats. In that case he has play to win.

That means to be willing to be very physical with the Pats receiver, daring the officials to throw flags. Be willing to take a few early and eventually they'll stop. They won't throw a flag every play. You have to be willing to go for it on 4th down. You have to be willing to try some daring plays like fake punts.

Kubiak has to roll the dice. If he goes the conservative route and put all his hopes on Foster and Wade, its going to be an unhappy plane ride back to Houston.
I agree. Its as if Bill B makes it a point to almost "sell out" to completely take take away the opposing teams main strength on each side of the ball. Watt and Foster are the focus no doubt. Last year, no matter who we played, everyone knew the run was coming and still could not stop it. This year, that has not been the case for the most part. But we did see signs of that this weekend. Still, the Pats are better against the run. We have to throw the ball. I dont necessarily think the wrs have to go deep, because we still have to control the clock... But we need to get Foster and our TEs in open space and get them the ball and try and methodically march down the field that way.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote