View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013   #45
patfanken
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 patfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Game Planning for the Patriots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Touchdown View Post
We need to come out conservative. Run the ball. Play action on 2 and short if we get it and short passes for 1str downs Don't give Brady a lot of possessions because he will turn most of the into points. I hope Kubiak comes out running the ball two TE set and PA two tight end set. See if Wilfork can have an A+ game again because chances are he was guessing right that game. Amazing if you ask me. Brady will have a good game always does. Schuab needs to have a great game especially on 3rd down. Andre needed to catch that pass last week but its over with. Andre needs to make some plays and Devier needs to get open to help Schuab out. the dude folds under pressure from the D line. Best game from the O Lines IMO last game. well, one of the best.

Defensively, i dk what were going to do about Gronk and Aaron Hernandez.

I hope wedon't concentrate on them so much they beat up deep with the WR's. Brady can make any throw and that scares me. Welker is going to piss me off on 3rd down i already know it.

Texans need to capitalize on turnover chances and get a good lead. Watch the 49er's game.
If the Texans do that they will be playing to the Pats strength which is run defense (7th). I think Houston would be better off starting the game with a lot of play action passes and trying to get something deep going. The Pats have been a lot better lately, but for the season I think they have given up more 20+ yd pass plays than anyone else in the league.

To go into Gillette and hope to beat the Pats, Kubiak can't play not to lose. There are too many advantages that favor the Pats. In that case he has play to win.

That means to be willing to be very physical with the Pats receiver, daring the officials to throw flags. Be willing to take a few early and eventually they'll stop. They won't throw a flag every play. You have to be willing to go for it on 4th down. You have to be willing to try some daring plays like fake punts.

Kubiak has to roll the dice. If he goes the conservative route and put all his hopes on Foster and Wade, its going to be an unhappy plane ride back to Houston.
patfanken is offline   Reply With Quote