View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013   #997
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans. 1/5. 3:30. **Official Wildcard GameDay Threa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Someone tell me how the Texans are going to pull this thing off in New England, please. Give me adequate reasons, and not just the token "Any given Sunday" cliche.
Okay, and the Sunshine Clubbers may revoke my membership for this but I'm gonna say it anyway.

The short answer is, and has been since before the season began is: The Texans aren't at the same level as the Patriots. Not yet. I don't give a rat's rear what those mid-season polls said when we were 6-0 or 11-1.

The Pats have been to the Super Bowl five times since 2001; they won three of them. That means the Patriots were a Super Bowl caliber team since before the Texans were even born. So to think that, after our second EVER playoff appearance, we're on the level of a team that has made the playoffs almost every year this century is a tad presumptious.

Can we beat them?
Sure, we can.
We have arguably the best D-lineman and the best RB (not named Adrian Peterson) in the league. As you said yourself, if the other guys bring their "A" games we can beat them. If we repeately pummel Brady whenever he goes back to pass, he can be rattled.
But playoff experience is on their side.
Head coaching is on their side and QB experience is on their side - remember, Brady was winning Super Bowls when Schaub was still in college.
Lastly, homefield is on their side. Especially since we gift wrapped it for them - yeah, I'm pissed about that too but what's done is done. Continuing to whine about it won't get it back.

That is the reality. We are definitely the underdog. But the underdog sometimes wins. The Giants weren't supposed to beat Brady & Co. when they had the world's greatest offense and went 18-0. But they lost.
Stuff happens.

So if you, GP (since you posed the question), are asking for a guaranteed Texans win, I can't help you. None of us can.

But I can guarantee one thing, neither Belichick nor Brady are taking the Texans lightly. They know, if Foster goes off or A.J. has a career day or if Wade's D causes multiple turnovers they can lose to us.
Yeah, we're the underdog, but that doesn't mean we have no shot.

/rant
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote