View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013   #36
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ProFootballFocus, ReFocused -- Cinncinnati@Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
For me to say that he's not 11-15 over the past six games is not far fetched at all. See, that's the thing about rankings. There are long term rankings and there are in the moment rankings. Schaub is not playing as well as he did earlier this season. Schaub is not playing as well as he did last season. Schaub not playing as well as he did earlier this season is a BIG part of why the Texans have struggled the last six weeks or so. They're not converting in the red zone, they're not attacking down the field (at least accurately), and when he is under pressure, the play is over 90% of the time. It's a team game, and of course there are factors that go into this, but Schaub is one of the biggest factors.
I agree we need to look at now not years ago. I have said this before and I still believe it ," he is hurt". Either arm/shoulder injury or he can't put his weight where it needs to be because of his foot.

Something has changed recently. He never has had a great arm but now his whole motion seems to be different.

I hope it is an injury issue because at least there is hope for next year when he is healthy again.

I think the brain trust made a huge mistake in extending him before seeing how he held up throughout the season.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote