View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013   #219
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 29188 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
It's not my comparison. The anti-Schaub crowd are the ones that are comparing Schaub to Manning.

I've never seen such outrage over a playoff victory. Schaub completed 75% of his passes for over 250 yards... He screwed up and threw a pick. The offense bogged down in the red zone. Mediocre game by a guy who has had a poor last month after playing great the first 10 games of the year.

Most astounding: Some of you are actually criticizing his performance this weekend against New England... The one he hasn't played yet!! If he plays poorly and they lose, it is your right to complain. I don't think, however, it is fair to hate him simply because you lack confidence in him. That is quite narcissistic.
The most important position in football is undeniably the QB. When our starting QB still hasn't show any signs of improvement in his first PA game is a legitimate reason for an outrage.

You called it a mediocre game by Schaub. I go as far as calling it his worst game of the season. Think about this:
The five most important elements in aiding a QB on a successful game is
1) Protection
2) Good running game
3) Defense creating three and outs from the opposing offense
4) Good starting field position
5) Home crowd support

Schaub has ALL that going for him and yet STILL manage 1 TD drive!
In the NFL when an offense only score 1 TD that is a FAILED.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote