View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I have this theory that the Patriots and the Texans are really not that far apart, on the surface. Both these teams do one thing well: They insist that their opponent crumble before they do. The Texans have been doing this to teams all season long...making the opponent crack under the pressure, which was evident in the Jags and Lions game that both went to OT.
Valid theory. And why not? The Texans learned a lot from that game. I doubt they go to NE all wide-eyed and acting like a high school team having fun on a yellow bus to the state championship game.

I think this time they KNOW who they are playing and how not to act. They know the killer instinct in the Patriots now. They know how it feels to be dominated in NE on primetime.

We learn our best lessons from our worst mistakes. And this game should be no different. It might actually be a good thing that the Texans got whooped in a blowout at Foxboro. It might focus this team like it's never been focused, knowing that they cannot meet champs on the field while acting like chumps. The only way to beat a champ is to act like one. The Texans know this now.