View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013   #30
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ProFootballFocus, ReFocused -- Cinncinnati@Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
For me to say that he's not 11-15 over the past six games is not far fetched at all. See, that's the thing about rankings. There are long term rankings and there are in the moment rankings. Schaub is not playing as well as he did earlier this season. Schaub is not playing as well as he did last season. Schaub not playing as well as he did earlier this season is a BIG part of why the Texans have struggled the last six weeks or so. They're not converting in the red zone, they're not attacking down the field (at least accurately), and when he is under pressure, the play is over 90% of the time. It's a team game, and of course there are factors that go into this, but Schaub is one of the biggest factors.
For the whole season, I'm more inclined toward the number 11 for Schaub.
For the last few games, it was toward the number 15 spot.

Now if you tell me that you had watched all the QBs plays in the last 5-6 games, whatever, than it would make more sense, but I'm sure you didn't.
And neither did I.

However, with the state of the many non-playoff teams, it is easier to find poor or subpar QB play.

You can try to put a ranking on Schaub, let's say #24 in the last 5 games (or whatever number you choose) . It will be much easier for me to find more than 8 QBs that played poorer than Schaub than you can find 23 QBs that played better.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote