View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013   #25
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ProFootballFocus, ReFocused -- Cinncinnati@Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
So did Carr in the 2005 season. In fact, he set the record for completions in a row that year. From the PFF piece:

Now, to be clear, I am not comparing Schaub to Carr at all. But let's not start bending over backwards to try and make the guy look better than he really is. Right NOW, the guy is just not a good QB. He may not be awful, but he was kept a helluva lot cleaner than most games and he just checked down all day.

Stop entrenching yourself in defending Schaub and just recognize the reality of it.
I am not defending Schaub, nor do I attack him.
I simply call things as I saw it.

You have to remember that some 3 years ago, when some folks suggested that Schaub was clearly in the top ten, I disagreed.
I said he was borderline.

Nothing has changed for me, except we have to take into account the young talents that have been growing or are in the growing process.

To me, Schaub peaked last year, and seems to be in "plateau out" mode.

Now, Jaworski rated Schaub at number 9 in his final ranking for this year.
It was just one man'a opinion, but it does carry some weight, because obviously Jaws know QBs better than most if not all of us on this MB.

For me to put him somewhere between 11-15 is not as far-fetched as those who put him below average or worse.

But of course, you can have your opinion just like anybody else.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote