View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013   #22
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ProFootballFocus, ReFocused -- Cinncinnati@Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I think where people are coming from on this is based on the fact that Carr did some good things his first 2.5 years. He showed potential and he had a helluva lot more raw skill than Schaub possesses. But somewhere in the middle of the '04 season, it was like going over the top of a roller coaster. The bottom just dropped out on him. He stopped showing any improvement and played like crap. A lot of people spent a lot of time trying to figure out why and a lot of people spent a lot of time and energy defending him. In retrospect, the tipping point is pretty clear. So some people are questioning now, "Have we experienced the tipping point on Schaub?"

*shrug*

I know that Schaub was kept really clean this week and didn't do anything to make me think he's a good QB right now. He's been better in the past. We don't have that guy anymore. Some of y'all seem to think the Schaub of old is going to magically resurface ... well, I hope so, because the playoffs are on the line. But recent trends suggest otherwise.
Schaub got the ball out quickly when he was under pressure. I think he deserves some credit there.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote