View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013   #61
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [Foxsports] Kubiak needs to get it together after ugly win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Parcels. Belichick. Walsh. Landry. Kubiak.

Sorry for the interruption. I agree with the point you two are making, but this grouping made me laugh.
It does sound funny now.

But, those HoF coaches did not start off that way. I'm sure there were Cowboys fans calling for Landry's head after he was given a ten-year extension before ever having a winning season. Heck, Landry went 18-46 in his first five seasons with the Cowboys, including a winless season.

Walsh was widely considered to be a horrible HC pick when the 49ers hired him, coming from a college background and fans hated it.

Heck, Belichick was slammed hard after his gig with the Browns (which really wasn't that bad if not for Modell's moving the team during a season). But I remember when the Patriots got him and the national media was criticizing the decision hard.

Obviously, Kubiak has a long way to go before he can truly be mentioned in that circle, but any coach we get will most likely have the same uphill battle (unless we get some tired re-tread, no thank you Andy Reid, Lovie Smith, Norv Turner, etc.).

I'm far from a Kubiak-homer, but truth be told, he's got this team in the playoffs and that's what we really wanted just a couple of seasons ago. I'm going to stop and smell the roses at this point. Going into week 2 of the NFL post-season with a team still active is fantastic, even if our team is a gigantic underdog to this decade's dynasty franchise.