View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013   #69
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Boston columnist slams Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Exactly. Playing to get into the AFC Championship game should be motivation enough. Should be.

Playing for home field advantage should have been too.
Agreed. But just because we didn't win, doesn't mean they weren't motivated. It means we didn't play very well.

I would have hated for us to win one of those last two games & been sitting around watching the play-offs this past weekend.

This team flat out was not good playing against Minnesota. There's no way that team would have beaten the Ravens that played yesterday, or the Ravens that will play next week. No way.

Getting healthy isn't going to help us. We're not getting back a Brian Cushing or Jonathan Joseph next week. We needed a good week of practice to "fix" a dozen issues that prevented us from playing good football. We needed to play a game against good competition to verify that we fixed those issues, or identify that the issue wasn't fixed.

Now we've got another week of practice to address a few issues we didn't fix & another dozen we didn't address.

I like the idea of playing at home. I like the idea of having the play-offs come through Houston. If we were playing like we were week 7, week 9, or even week 11 then I can see that bye week helping us. But as it was..... no.