View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The history of the kubiak denny's menu.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
No, I guess he didn't. I just find it amazing that with all the different issues affecting this team, or any team for that matter, for some silly reason, the fricken playcalling is always at the top of the list, and it would matter if was Kubiak, Bellchick, or Harbaugh, or God himself.

Fans have no earthy clue about playcalling. And for those who say think they know more about playcalling than coaches do, they have no credibility with me. NONE!

I stand by what I said earlier. All this "Denny's Menu" bullsh!t is nothing but an lame attempt to mock.
Pretty much. I remember the first mention of the Denny's menu with Kubiak. It was years ago when we were losing more than winning and the Fire Kubiak Club was all the rage. So yeah, it was brought to the forum in order to mock him. It was humorous at the time, simply because it was better to laugh than cry. But these days it's kinda' stale and a bit overused. Dude is winning playoff games as a head coach, yet there's always some reason to be unhappy about it, I guess.

Funny thing is how many act like they KNOW, when in fact they know nothing. Kubiak is from a branch on the Bill Walsh coaching tree, so it makes sense that he's using a lot of the strategy, plays, and concepts from Walsh's WCO. The big play call sheet is one of those tools at his disposal.