View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again

It's true, whether you're in the "ready to crown them" club or the "burn Gary and Matt at the stake" mob it's that time of the week when you start thinking about the possibilities. One win and it's all better. Really. I mean that.

We've all heard that tired cliche about having nothing to lose and that fact making someone "a very dangerous man". Well what do the Texans even have to lose this week? I mean, if they go up to New England and get their collective asses beat by, I dunno say "42-14" What does that matter? That already happened so big friggin deal. What's the worst that can happen? At this point it's just a matter of going up there, relaxing, and taking your best shot.

A loss and everyone moves on. We come back at this problem again next year.

A win however, well that's uncharted territory. That's back on track time.

A Texans win combined with an equally unlikely Ravens win in Denver puts the AFC Championship game back in Houston. Sure it's a ridiculous scenario. Most likely impossible but what the hell. If you're gonna dream, dream big.

New England in January. Nobody wanted it but here it is. I don't know how much pressure there can possibly be on the Texans at this point so maybe this will work. They don't respond to pressure so how about zero expectation of success and a national media that thinks they're a punchline? They might just respond to that.