View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013   #26
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What has happened with Tate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
It's been better but then last year the blocking was better too. The lanes were bigger and maybe a few times he "guessed right". Tate is I think a pretty good back but he's not at his best here. Behind big hogs just straight up powering their way down the field he'd be a money in the bank. One of those guys who consistently pounds the rock for 4+ yards a tote all the way down the field.

Until he got hurt. Again. He runs like a monster but you're right, he doesn't have the vision to really create much and on top of that he doesn't look to have a durability that a true "thumper" really needs.
Yeah, i think on some level too his problem is that he hasn't figured out that he is that "thumper" back for us. Too many times i've seen him try to make and arian-esque cut & he doesn't come close & gets tackled for a 3 yd. gain when he should've just lowered his head and pushed the pile for another 1 yd or so.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote