View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013   #73
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your opinions on Texans draft changing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I think Yates is our best chance of replacing Schaub in 2014. None of the draft picks do much for me.
There's more than a few quarterbacks in this upcoming draft who have more talent and potential than Yates. I will say this. They do all have question marks and Yates has time in the system which would give yates the early advantage.

So you are right in saying that Yates has the best chance at supplanting Schaub next year. If Kubiak comes to his senses and figures out that playing it safe and Starting Schaub isn't gong to cut it against the big boys he should start the process this offseason f finding a new QB.

If I were Kubiak or Smith. Whomever is in charge, I would begin looking at current backups and seeing what the value is out there. If there is none the next step would be the draft. Like you said there doesn't seem to be any safe guys in this draft so Schaub may have to suffice another year. Unless of course Yates can step up.

I would seriously consider trading our first round pick this year for a first round next year. That way when there are better prospects available we would have some good bargaining chips to maneuver up to get who we really want.