View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The history of the kubiak denny's menu.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Good find. Good read. Interesting to know that this scripted play strategy goes all the way back to Paul Brown and Bill Walsh.
repped
(again )
I do hope more people would read it as it's very informative & would clear up a lot of misconceptions, such as being "strict" in following the script.

Quote:
Calling the plays

To begin the game, West Coast coaches simply call the plays according to the script. They pay close attention to how the defense is responding to the script. Any time they find themselves in a special situation, say, "backed up" at their own 5 yard line, they would simply choose a play from the "backed up" section on their playcall sheet. Once they were out of that situation (say the play goes for 15 yards) they would resume the script.
Also, if you listen to the Gary Kubiak show, I can think of twice where he said he liked the way something was going & decided to veer from the script for a couple of plays. I think the last Indy game was one of them. He said the run game was working so well (Arian plus the line) he decided to add a couple of runs in that drive.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 01-07-2013 at 10:04 AM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote