View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013   #40
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: case keenum dec article

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
He was inactive but not on the PS. He would have been snagged if he was and the Texans feared that.

As for Case, sorry redbloods but Case will never amount to anything in the NFL. Just another NCAA QB from a spread offense who has no chance as an NFL QB.
Hope you're wrong about that. Nothing is certain yet where Keenum is concerned. I think he either lights things up in camp next year or he's done here. That's about the extent of the rope Kubiak gives these guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Well, I'm not necessarily agreeing with D-T, but the Texans have signed lots of guys to the Training Camp roster and Practice Squad who never amounted to anything. They signed everyone for a reason - sometimes that reason is "warm practice body needed".

Again, hopefully Case will succeed, and there's some moderately positive comments coming out of the Texans offices regarding him, but it's far from a probability at this point.
I think Case Keenum is just Gary's latest project. He's hoping to find that diamond at the bottom of the Cracker Jack box and always has another UDFA or reclamation project going on.

Keenum is getting the same chance they all get. What he does with it will depend on what's between his ears and what kind of competitor he is.