View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #46
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wild-Card Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
He's a bust if a Super Bowl win is on your mind. Just my opinion. The crow will taste good if I'm wrong.
First off, Showtime, what do you think was the overall expectation before the season start?

It seems to range betwen 14-2 and 10-6 for a norm of around 12-4.
That should give the Texans a good chance to go deep into the play-offs if the team play even keel.

However, people didn't readjust for the loss of Cushing amongst a host of ofther injuries along the way.

Personally, I expected Wade Smith to have a better year, but he didn't, due to a nagging injury.

As of late (before the Bengals game), a couple of high-paying guys (Myers and Brown) were playing underpar - and poorly for the money the got paid for.

On the defensive side, JJo was under the weather for awhile; Antonio has not been 100% for quite awhile; and there's Brooks Reed.

Both O.D. and Graham have either been out or play hurt.
(and we need Graham for those outside zone runs - he's more important than one might think.)

If you look at the top ten on the pay scale and the additional key players, we have had a lot of injuries or health issues there.
(I think Wade Smith might be in the top ten paying guard in the league, too.)

These are the guys you count on to have a successful season.
The worst off they are, the worse off the rest of the team becomes.
We've been playing musical chair all over the place.

Schaub is a guy who needs to either stay in the pocket, or roll out in the bootleg.
Either way, we need blocking because we pay for it.
We don't pay Schaub as much, but we pay the other guys to do their jobs.

Each guy needs to perform up to pay scale (present and future.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote