View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #88
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Saturday is a Referendum of Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak's Careers Here in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
What? Aw geez.

Yeah, that couldn't have ANYTHING to do with those players wanting/requiring bigger contracts (I remember that being one of the reasons for a few moves, IIRC). Bud is cheap as hell, as evidenced by his attire.

Plus, he was carving that team out like a pumpkin because he was about to move it all to Nashville. He was mad at many things, one way to get back at the city of Houston was to move the team...which came after having destroyed the Oilers' roster and making sure we all knew who was boss.

I don't think he did this because he thought the fans WANTED it.

That's a bigger conspiracy theory than anything I can even think up, Obsi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan
I wonder how many of these doom-sayers recall that Bud reacted like some fans are preaching and tore down a 12-4 Oilers team when they didn't make the Super Bowl. He sent Warren Moon packing off to Minnesota and went with the backup. We finished 2-14 the very next year.

So be careful what you wish for. I'll take half-steps forward to a gigantic crash & burn backwards just to make a change.

---------------
Re-read my post. I never said Bud was reacting to what the fans back then were saying. My point was that some of you guys are reacting as Bud did back then. "Make the Super Bowl or I'm holding a fire sale."

I didn't make this up... It's well documented Oiler history.
Link1
Link2
Link3

Some of you are suggesting the same strategy.
Fire the coach. Trade/sit the Schaub and start Yates or somebody. Start slinging the ball all around the yard.
We ain't built for that. We just are not.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote