View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why? - OL rotation and Keo

Jones insertion into the line-up was to cover for Caldwell, initially injury related. Then Texans tried to develop some continuity on the right side & it was working until Newton got hurt, missed time & the whole thing unraveled. All the while Brooks was steadily showing improvement in practice. The only way for Brandon to fully develop was to get him reps too (kiss Caldwell goodbye). Timing is certainly less than ideal but sooner or later RG position looks to be Brooks if he can run the system. Brown-Smith-Myers-Brooks-Newton could be your Houston Texan starting OL come next weekend in New England.

As for Keo it's good to see him competing for reps but I think he is just another stop gap safety & special team player. Texans cannot afford any more mental lapses if they are to be competitive against a polished Patriot team.

I'm hoping for positive OL performance & crossing my fingers about the secondary

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote