View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #81
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79683 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Did you read the discussion? The premise was "What if the Texans had the cap room? ".
You agreed that the Texans didn't have the cap room, correct?

Now, let's assume that the Texans had the cap room? How?
I ask the question because in the day and age of cap space, you only have so much to build a roster.

You can play like schizz for a year or two by cutting a bunch of high price guys to roll over some cap space, but then you still have to put the money back to buy enough talent overall to go for the big prize.

The Broncoas had it all.
Like I said, they finally benefited from the Cutler's trade that gave them additional high picks; ie. they've been able to play with lower paid young talents now (but in the future, by their next contract, they will have problems.)
So they were able to roll over some cap space to sign Manning.
Now they are right up there.

And they will have to resign Clady next year.
They should be able to manage that; however, it will get really dicey from there on out.

Having the cap space for the short term is one thing; how to handle the long term is another thing.

And then, there's risk.
What if Manning goes down, especially early in the year?
Whoever they are able to put it there wouldn't be able to make that offense go.
Their season would be in the toilet, yet again.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote