View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #46
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [Foxsports] Kubiak needs to get it together after ugly win

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I dont think it is so much the "gamke plan" that everyone dont like. It is what we do once our game plan gets blown out of whack. Hell even with our game plan, at their 20 4th and 1 we could take a chance sometimes. I hope the texans have some tricks up their sleves.

How often have you ever seen kubiak do a fake put, Forsett is in on punts alot do a direct snap to him and i am sure he can get you 2-3 yards if needed. But no when we line up for a pun it is a punt.

It is things like this that would help our team believe it or not. And not just from us getting a first down, but it would pump up or team IMO. Maybe give them a little more confidence.

4th and 1 at their 20 .... you might go for it under some game situations .... but for the most part you take the 3 points. The circumstances dictate when you do things like that .... you dont just leave points on the field on a whim.

Tight game , you take the 3 and move on most of the time.

Ahead a 7+ and want to salt it away .... then you consider it.

In no mans land (~the opponents 40) you might take a gamble.

Weather and field conditions have to be taken into account ...

But Im not a fan of taking risks that arent worth the reward. You have to weigh the rewards vs that risk along with the game situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
its this type of mentality that mediocre people have.

Its not the game plan of a winner.

Its a game plan of a loser.

No wonder kubiak and schaub have lasted this long in houston without winning anything while still getting praised and contract extensions.

You're an enabler of mediocrity.
Yeah , Im an enabler of mediocrity .... tell that to my kids who all make straight a's knowing I wont accept anything less.

Im 44 and been retired a decade .... but hey , Im just a mediocre loser. I'll be sure to laugh at your ass monday morning while you are headed to work (or the unemployment line) .... and Im headed to the fishin hole. WINNING!

You wouldnt know winning if it kicked you in the junk.

Game situations dictate whether you take chances or not .... Taking un-necessary risk is ..... moronic. Fastest way for a coach to lose his job is listen to fans , most of which like you have no clue what risks are acceptable and what risks arent.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote