View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #43
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [Foxsports] Kubiak needs to get it together after ugly win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
But they've got Dennison in their ears saying, "Stick to the script. Kick the FG." One of these guys has got to overrule Dennison.
We don't know what's going on between Kubiak and Dennison, honestly.

Nobody knows if it's Dennison's calls the majority of the time...if Kubiak is overriding Dennison the majority of the time...if Dennison is calling everything but Red Zone play calls...or vice versa, or what.

We just don't know.

And probably never will. My hunch is that Gary is sticking his finger in the pie too much, and it's messing up the cooking. He built this offense, he acquired his players for it, he's probably going to want as much control as he can get. We DO know the call comes to Gary on the sideline and he then radio's it into Matt or has a player run the call into the huddle. So...Gary has admitted that he can change the call if he wants. I draw my own conclusions based on his anecdotal comments he's made over the years.

A few years back, Kubiak joked that Shanahan, Jr. had finally convinced him (Gary) that he needed to be more of a HC and less involved with the intricacies of the offense. I think that was the year leading up to maybe Shanny's last year here. 2009 maybe? Can't remember. Then his dad got the Redskins gig and he went to be their o-coord. I think Gary went back to being the meddling play caller at that point.