View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #154
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Just out of curiosity, if that wasn't the case, if Rick Smith & Olsen were able to work their magic & sign Peyton, would you do it?
If the Texans had room under the cap to sign Manning and not gut the team at the same time, then absolutely they should have gone after him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I don't think Manning could work for this franchise and have it end up being what he's made it into at Denver with those guys. And I'm not kidding.

There's a culture here that's not exactly conducive to the way Peyton Manning operates. He's the type of guy who pushes all his chips into the center of the table, and he wants everyone else at the table to do the same thing.

He would have been utterly incompatible with Gary Kubiak. Gary would have had to go to counseling sessions because of Peyton. There would have been massive rioting in the locker room...I mean, there would be no lettermen jackets. No segways. No hipster Barwin peddling three-seaters through Houston's coffee shop district with his gang of fellow nerds. It would have been the most demanding environment they've ever seen. That would have been some damaging "energy" according to our team's resident Zen teacher.

Beyond the money issue, the guy was not a fit here. John Fox was like "Cool. Let's do this." LOL. John Fox don't care. He knows if a guy like Manning can butter his bread, then more power to the guy. He let Tebow do what Tebow does, and it got them into the second round of the playoffs last year.

If it makes anybody sleep better at night, though, I think Manning is a season or two away from being done. And the things we would have had to do to get him here, we'd be feeling the ramifications of that in 2013 and 2014, etc. So we might be seeing his final "good" year. Or not. Who knows.
Gary Kubiak worked with Steve Young and John Elway. I don't think Kubiak would have any problems meshing his coaching style with a Hall of Fame QB. He's done it in the past and if given the opportunity I'm fairly positive he could make it work here.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote